Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
1. How do I login to my Netgear router?
You can visit www.routerlogin.net to login to your router. Alternatively, you can type in the default IP address which is 192.168.1.1.
2. Can I download the Netgear firmware manually?
Yes, you can download and install the Netgear firmware manually.
3. Can I set up my Netgear router through my Smartphone?
Yes, you can setup your router through your Smartphone.
4. Can I connect any other wireless devices to my router?
Yes, with the instructions provided by the respective manufacturers.
5. What is the Netgear Genie software?
It is an application that is used to configure, monitor the router and its performance and may also be used to repair the network.
6. Where is the Parental Control feature located?
The Parental Control feature is located in the Netgear Smart Wizard app.
7. How do I know if my router update is due?
The Netgear Smart Wizard software will notify you. You will have to visit the Smart Wizard app for that. You can go to www.routerlogin.net or type in the default IP address 192.168.1.1 for that. This is the default IP address for most of the Netgear Routers.
8. How do I access the Netgear Router Login page?
You will have to open a web browser and go to www.routerlogin.net. Alternatively, you can type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar too. If the page is still not visible, a factory reset might be in order.
9. Is it safe to download the Netgear Firmware update from any third party websites?
No, it is recommended that the Netgear Firmware is downloaded from the NETGEAR Download Center.
10. I did not set up the password recovery option and I have forgotten my personalized password. Is there any way I can still recover it?
No, in that case a Factory Reset is in order. After that you can opt to set up a new personalized password via the Netgear Smart Wizard software.